Gamble is a surname of English origin. It is the 943rd most common surname in the United Kingdom.
What nationality is the last name most?
German: metonymic occupational name for a producer or seller of must, i.e. unfermented grape juice, Middle High German most (Latin mustum vinum ‘young (i.e. fresh) wine’). The same term was also used to denote perry and cider, since these do not keep well and need to be drunk while still fresh.
Is the name Gamble Irish?
Gamble is a surname of English origin. It is the 943rd most common surname in the United Kingdom. Notable people with the surname include: Bobby Gamble, English-Irish cricketer.
What is the rarest last name in the world?
The Rarest Last Names
- Acker (old English origin) meaning “field”.
- Agnello (Italian origin) meaning “lamb”. …
- Alinsky (Russian origin), a truly unique surname to find.
- Aphelion (Greek origin) meaning “point of the orbit at the greatest distance from the sun”.
- Bartley (English origin) meaning “clearing in woodland”.